Ekana Gowon recipe
How to make Ekana Gowon
Ekana Gowon is popular among people born before year 2,000. Different tribes have the name they call it in their dialect.
Ekana Gowon is one of the things we licked and loved back then while growing up, some of us use our feeding money to buy it.
You can make for your children at home and it is actually simple to make
- Tooth pick
*1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- Foil paper
- Small nylon
*Cut your foil paper and fold into a cone shape do plenty of it.
- In a clean pot ,add your sugar and water
- Lit your stove or gas and place your pot on it .
- Let the mixture in the pot continue to boil ,till the sugar caramelize, don’t let it get burnt
- After it has caramelized, remove the pot from the stove or gas.
- Then the mixture in your pot , should be poured inside the foil paper you shaped into a cone shape before it hardens.
- Then insert your toothpick to hold the caramelized sugar.
- When the mixture has solidify, you can remove your foil paper and lick your Ekana Gowon.
Photo credit : Dobby’s Signature