RED VELVET CAKE
205 g shortening
600 g white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup red food coloring
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups buttermilk
625 g sifted all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree.
2.cream the shortening and sugar together until it is fluffy using electric mixer.
3.Add eggs one by one. Mix well before adding the next one.
Make a paste of cocoa and red food coloring.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Then mix , 1 teaspoon vanilla and buttermilk together.
6.Add the milk mixture alternately with the flour to the creamed mixture.
- Divide the flour into three parts and the milk into two.
- Add flour, add milk, add flour, add remaining milk, and then add flour.
9.Mix soda and vinegar in a cup. It will start foaming continue adding the ingredients without mixing or beating very hard.
10.Put the batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Insert toothpick into the cake,if it comes out clean,then it is ready.